Before their wedding day, more and more brides are deciding to spray tan to get that perfect glow!
- Always do a test spray. For many women, spray tanning is still an uncharted area and most brides want to make sure the formula looks flawless on their skin before the wedding day. I cannot advise this more! By doing a test spray, you can see how the formula wears on your skin and make sure the level of color is the right one for you. If it’s too dark or too light, it’s an easy fix – but you’ll only know by testing first.
- Test multiple days before a fitting. It’s a great to do your test spray during the week of a fitting so you can see your perfectly tanned skin against your white dress. Since fittings can be snug and stressful, it’s best to spray 3-5 days prior to prevent the formula rubbing onto the dress. With Vera Wang involved, we don’t want to take any chances!
- Show your groom to be. Get your future hubs involved in the process and let him know you are spray tanning for your wedding day. Show him the final product after your test, so he can see how radiant and glowing you look! Everyone has heard of a spray tan gone bad, so let your man see how far the technology has come and how gorgeous you look and feel. He’ll fall in love all over again.
- Get your bridesmaids involved. Tell your MOH and BMs you are getting a spray tan. Tons of photos will be taken on your big day and since you’ll be standing side by side, if you’re getting one, they may want to consider it as well. Like Whole Glow, many businesses offer discounted rates for wedding parties so be sure to ask.
- Wear your tan out. Get down with your test spray tan! Try it on with your dress and take it to the gym. Sweat a little and see what happens. Pay attention to how the color looks on your skin and how quickly and evenly it fades. If you like the color on a particular day, let your stylist know so they can adjust as needed for your wedding day.
- Spray a few days before the wedding. You did your test spray tan, got another for your bachelorette party and now it’s time for the big day! Book in advance and plan to do your spray tan 2 to 4 days before the wedding. The color is the deepest during these initial days and hasn’t had significant exposure to sweat or competing beauty products. Alcohol- and fragrance-based products speed up the fading process, as well as chlorine so no swimming allowed!
Those are the basics, but be sure to ask the company you’re working with as specific questions arise. A knowledgeable technician should be able to ease your concerns and answer any question under the sun (get it?). Now, you look STUNNING so go enjoy your big and beautiful day!
Best Day to Spray Tan for Best Result
Everyone seems to want that perfect dark natural looking tan for that special Saturday event. Spray tanning is a safe alternative to tanning in any form of UV light and only takes minutes to get a sunless UV free tan. However, one of the biggest misconceptions is that you can spray tan the same day of your event and have the best tan results possible, all though you will see an increase in tanning results, the best results come from pre-planning.
We wanted to take a quick moment to help you pick the best possible day to tan for your event, that way you can plan ahead and achieve the best tanning salon results.
Spray tanning on Monday will give you the best overall results on Wednesday, assuming that you get your spray tan early. If you have an airbrush tan at 8pm on Monday night, the best results would then be seen on Thursday. Getting a sunless tan on Monday would not offer the best results for a Saturday natural glow.
If you stop in to Extreme Tan and Smoothies for a sunless spray tanning session on Tuesday you can count on seeing the best results on Thursday, or Friday depending if you tan early on Tuesday. I would recommend spray tanning on Tuesday vs a Friday for any Saturday event, use a tan extending moisturizer like Stay Dark to extend the life of your spray tan.
Spray tanning on Wednesday offers excellent results and almost doubles your event exposure ability. Early Wednesday uvfree tanners will see excellent results on Friday and Saturday, if your appointment is later on Wednesday it will give you the maximum dark tan for Friday and Saturday events. Wednesday is an optimal day for spray tanning.
All though many people believe that spray tanning late on Thursday evening will generate the best spray tan results for a Saturday it actually would create the best results for Sunday morning and afternoon.
We understand that sometimes you have no choice but to spray tan on Saturday, we suggest getting the earliest appointment possible as many skin types won’t show the results of bronzer after initially showering.
Plan Your Spray Tanning Schedule in Advance
One of the worst things that any tanner can do is wait too long to set up their tanning game plan for the holiday season, failure to plan properly can often lead to unsafe tanning practices (desperate measures) or a tan that isn’t maximized. Booooo.
How to Be Tan for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
if you plan on being tan for that family Christmas party or Christmas eve get together you should probably schedule a spray tan session for December 21st, 22nd or even the 23rd!
Remember the longer you wait the faster your chances decrease of getting the spray tan appointment you want.
To Make Sure that you start the New Year looking fabulous we suggest fitting in at least one more spray tan session before the ball drops. Sole Sano Salon’s store will be opened all day on December 29th as well as early on December 30th!
CALL NOW TO BOOK YOUR TAN
(908) 670-6645 or SoleSanoAirbrush@Gmail.com
Too many females want to be ‘Models’ not enough want to be ‘Role Models.’
Young females today are constantly looking to be like someone they see in the media. Leaving the media to represent what teens should be doing, wearing, feeling, and looking like creates problems when there is a vast amount of bad role models in the media who don’t come close to fitting the definition of a “role model”. The Webster dictionary defines a role model as someone who is worthy of imitation; someone to be copied and is a good example for others. Very few of the women in today’s spot light become famous because of who they were, are, or became, or because they demonstrate qualities that every woman should possess. The media has taken the strong willed, independent women that our mothers strive to be and replaced them with individuals whom are often seen entering or leaving rehab, partying endlessly, showing off a destructive lifestyle into our futures roles models. Rumors of a celebrities drug and alcohol abuse, sex tape, latest affair, etc has become a weekly occurrence. Glamorizing these bad choices, Young girls receive all the wrong messages.
Instead of following something seen on a TV screen or the latest US weekly, young women should try to make a name for themselves by demonstrating hard work, excluding confidence, and following there dreams. Young women whom do not follow this crowd of “stars” whom have no discernible talent but have made a considerable fortune thanks to there many bad decisions, trashy clothing, and/or vulgar song lyrics, will most likely find places no one has ever been before. Being apart of a generation where we are simple products pressured to be molded into a certain kind of person, young teens constantly need to be reminded that they don’t have to do what everyone else is doing.