Before their wedding day, more and more brides are deciding to spray tan to get that perfect glow!
- Always do a test spray. For many women, spray tanning is still an uncharted area and most brides want to make sure the formula looks flawless on their skin before the wedding day. I cannot advise this more! By doing a test spray, you can see how the formula wears on your skin and make sure the level of color is the right one for you. If it’s too dark or too light, it’s an easy fix – but you’ll only know by testing first.
- Test multiple days before a fitting. It’s a great to do your test spray during the week of a fitting so you can see your perfectly tanned skin against your white dress. Since fittings can be snug and stressful, it’s best to spray 3-5 days prior to prevent the formula rubbing onto the dress. With Vera Wang involved, we don’t want to take any chances!
- Show your groom to be. Get your future hubs involved in the process and let him know you are spray tanning for your wedding day. Show him the final product after your test, so he can see how radiant and glowing you look! Everyone has heard of a spray tan gone bad, so let your man see how far the technology has come and how gorgeous you look and feel. He’ll fall in love all over again.
- Get your bridesmaids involved. Tell your MOH and BMs you are getting a spray tan. Tons of photos will be taken on your big day and since you’ll be standing side by side, if you’re getting one, they may want to consider it as well. Like Whole Glow, many businesses offer discounted rates for wedding parties so be sure to ask.
- Wear your tan out. Get down with your test spray tan! Try it on with your dress and take it to the gym. Sweat a little and see what happens. Pay attention to how the color looks on your skin and how quickly and evenly it fades. If you like the color on a particular day, let your stylist know so they can adjust as needed for your wedding day.
- Spray a few days before the wedding. You did your test spray tan, got another for your bachelorette party and now it’s time for the big day! Book in advance and plan to do your spray tan 2 to 4 days before the wedding. The color is the deepest during these initial days and hasn’t had significant exposure to sweat or competing beauty products. Alcohol- and fragrance-based products speed up the fading process, as well as chlorine so no swimming allowed!
Every 9 minutes someone is diagnosed with a traumatic disease that more then 1.5 million Americans already suffer from on a daily basis…
Sadly, This Disease Has No Cure
Best Day to Spray Tan for Best Result
Spray tanning on Monday will give you the best overall results on Wednesday, assuming that you get your spray tan early. If you have an airbrush tan at 8pm on Monday night, the best results would then be seen on Thursday. Getting a sunless tan on Monday would not offer the best results for a Saturday natural glow.
If you stop in to Extreme Tan and Smoothies for a sunless spray tanning session on Tuesday you can count on seeing the best results on Thursday, or Friday depending if you tan early on Tuesday. I would recommend spray tanning on Tuesday vs a Friday for any Saturday event, use a tan extending moisturizer like Stay Dark to extend the life of your spray tan.
Spray tanning on Wednesday offers excellent results and almost doubles your event exposure ability. Early Wednesday uvfree tanners will see excellent results on Friday and Saturday, if your appointment is later on Wednesday it will give you the maximum dark tan for Friday and Saturday events. Wednesday is an optimal day for spray tanning.
All though many people believe that spray tanning late on Thursday evening will generate the best spray tan results for a Saturday it actually would create the best results for Sunday morning and afternoon.
We understand that sometimes you have no choice but to spray tan on Saturday, we suggest getting the earliest appointment possible as many skin types won’t show the results of bronzer after initially showering.